ILMA splits up its business in three great areas that integrate each other perfectly, offering customers a complete service: from designing to industrialization of the final product.
Research and Development Department
Our Research and Development Department devotes itself to implementing an idea in cooperation with the client, looking for better solutions to optimize the project and the realization of the product.
Production & Realization of the Moulds
The idea starts to materialize during the phase of mould production: thank to both the manual and professional expertise of our employees and the advanced technologies we make use of, we guarantee the highest quality for the customer.
During the phase of production and moulding the idea becomes real in the final product.
Production and molding of plastic materials
Ilma Plastica owns a highly qualified workshop that produces moulds of medium and large size with excellent-quality steel.
We manufacture steel thanks to:
- Power up to 65 kw.
- High speed electrospindles up to 32000 rpm.
- 5 axis CNC machines.
- Working field up to 5000 mm+ 3000×2000 turning table.
- Spark erosion of last generation with two heads, four axis continuos. Tank dimension 4000x2000x1150 mm.
- Dimensional moulds control with 3D measuring machines up to 3200x1400x1200 mm.
- Measuring Arm FARO EDGE with digitalysing and laser scanning.
- Data transmission from Engineering to tool shop trough optical fiber 100Mb.
- Sphera system to connect the tool shop data and SAP system.
- Pulse system monitoring the performance of the machines.
- Spotting press is up to 400 tons.
- 2 Laser welding station (one portable for service directly at the customers).
- Machines connected through the CAD-CAM system with a programming and monitoring core that controls the whole machinery inventory
All together with the professionalism and skills of our high profile staff, able to optimize the work of the technologically advanced capital equipment.